Hume Brophy is offering a six-month internship in Brussels. The intern will play an active role in our 20-strong international team which advises clients in a range of industry sectors on achieving their public affairs objectives. In particular, the intern will support our transport and environment teams.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the European Union policies relevant to Hume Brophy business and client objectives, notably related to transport, environment policies
- Develop a greater understanding of Hume Brophy and clients’ business sectors
- Assist in the preparation of all documentation required for client meetings and presentations
- Assist in organising stakeholder meetings for clients
- Attend Hume Brophy internal meetings and selected external events, take accurate minutes during meetings and circulate them afterwards
- Research and maintain up-to-date and accurate media/stakeholder lists for clients/projects
- Contribute to the drafting of press releases, letters, policy notes on relevant issues for clients
- Contribute to the organisation of conferences, meetings and events
- Support the management of a contacts database
Required skills and qualifications:
- Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills. Any additional EU languages will be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package, in particular in Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of the EU decision-making process, ideally acquired by previous internship experience in the EU Institutions or a public affairs team
- Positive attitude, flexible, team-player
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to take initiative, be creative, and communicative personality
- Legal right to work in Belgium
- Interest in the EU’s transport and environment policy areas at large is desirable.
The internship offers a great opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and to gain valuable experience in EU public affairs and policies. The internship is paid.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to both Mr Julian Schopp (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr Shane Bradley (email@example.com) indicating “HB internship 2020” in the subject of your e-mail. Your cover letter should explain your expectations from the internship and why you would like to work in a public affairs consultancy.
We are flexible on dates but are looking for someone to start at the beginning of February 2020. The deadline for applications is COB 2 January 2020.
About Hume Brophy:
Hume Brophy is an international communications firm specialising in Public Relations, Investor Relations, Public Affairs and Corporate and Financial Communications, with operations in Brussels, London, Dublin, Paris, Frankfurt, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Our international team is drawn from politics, media, in-house, agency, events, investor relations, professional services and industry association backgrounds, offering a blend of skills to meet all communication challenges.
Hume Brophy works with a range of clients including trade associations, companies and coalitions of organisations on all EU policy areas, including financial services, trade, commodities, energy, environment, food, agriculture, healthcare, technology, media and transport.
As a thought-leading consultancy, we organise regular events on our own behalf and for our clients, and publish regular briefings and updates. See www.humebrophy.com
Hume Brophy’s EU Transparency Register ID Number: 3843982938-44