An excellent opportunity for an Account Executive to join Hume Brophy’s growing international corporate affairs practice in London.
Hume Brophy is an international communications firm specialising in Public Relations, Investor Relations, Public Affairs, Corporate and Financial Communications, with operations in Brussels, Dublin, London, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong and New York and an established network of agency partnerships across local Asian markets and Europe.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to build a communications career in a fast-paced agency environment supporting a wide range of integrated public affairs, public relations and media relations campaigns.
You will have the opportunity to work across a number of industries and types of organisation including leading global companies and trade bodies.
Reporting to Account Managers and Account Directors on various client accounts you will have strong written and research skills, a genuine interest in current affairs, an eye for evolving political agendas, a sense of what catches the eye of journalists, and will enjoy speaking to the media to sell in stories as a core component of the role.
An interest in financial services, as a cornerstone of Hume Brophy’s business, is a plus. Social media experience is desirable.
A positive attitude and attention to detail are essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining awareness of current affairs and external developments, relevant to Hume Brophy business and client objectives – making you an important resource for senior members of the team
- Providing thorough and timely research to inform client work
- Pitching client comment and news stories to trade and national media, and following up accordingly
- Following up with parliamentary offices to secure meetings with political stakeholders
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate media/stakeholder lists for clients/projects
- Drafting communications documents including monitoring briefs, agendas, press releases, features, political briefing notes, biographies etc
- Attending and helping the team to prepare for client meetings
- Building a network of political and media contacts
- Opportunities to also be involved in internal marketing opportunities
• Discretionary bonus of up to 20% of basic salary, dependent on personal and company performance
• 10% new business referral commission – amongst the highest in the industry in the UK and internationally
• Training budget
• Pension benefit scheme
• Gym membership subsidy
• After work socials/company events and off-sites
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AE application – FIRSTNAME SURNAME” in the subject line. Please include a few lines on what you would bring to the Hume Brophy team in your covering email. The deadline for applications is 20 November 2020.